FAQ & Class Terms
- The course is organized on a termly or monthly basis. Existing students are given priority to join the program. We have a minimum of 4 students for each course for the program to run. Parents will be informed 2 weeks before the course starts.
- No refund of program fee once the enrolment has been accepted.
- If your child suffers from any illness that may require attention during the course, please make a note on the application form.
- The appointed instructor will take every precaution to prevent accidents during class.
- Cheque or cash with the correct amount of the course fee must be paid in FULL on or before the first class, otherwise no enrolment will be accepted. Cash, cheque and bank transfer is accepted. Receipt must be sent with Student’s Name, Class Schedule and location through email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bank Details: Dance for Joy HK Ltd.
Hang Seng Bank Savings Account – 787-646082-883
- All students are required to be properly dressed for the dance class.
- All students are required to wear their Dance for Joy Dance T-Shirts in class.
- Hip-Hop, Pop and Funky students can wear tights/jogging pants in class. Jazz students need to be in black / navy tights and jazz shoes in class. NO denim & jeans in class. Skirts allowed if tights are worn underneath.
SICK LEAVE &MAKE-UP CLASSES
- If the student is absent on any day of the class without sick leave notice, no refund or replacement of class will be given.
- Sick leave must be made 4 HOURS before the class time.
- We give credit for any classes that we cancel. If you miss a class, we are happy to try arrange a makeup class for you in a suitable class with space during the same term.
FOOD & DRINK
- Students are required to bring their own water in class. Teachers arrange water breaks during class.
- No food and snacks allowed inside the dance room.
GUARDIANS IN CLASS
- Parents and guardians are requested to wait outside the dance room while class is in progress.
- Toddler classes – adult can accompany the student until the child is comfortable to be alone in class. We encourage parents and guardians to help students to become independent
- DFJ Team will send a notice 2 hours before the class for cancellation. We will send notices through SMS or email for class replacement.
- Children, Teens and Adult Classes will be held as usual unless Black rainstorm or Typhoon 8 is hoisted. Toddler classes will be cancelled if Typhoon 3 or higher is hoisted.
- If a class is cancelled by Dance for Joy due to the absence or sickness of an instructor, a replacement lesson will be rescheduled.
- Dance for Joy HK Limited reserve the right to change course venue and time with prior notice.
- Photos or video clips taken during class, events or shows by DFJ Team may be used for promotional purposes.
- During open day or parent watch day, you are welcome to take pictures of your child. Please consider other parents/guardians who might be uncomfortable with photography and video taking that might include other children in class.