Class Terms & Conditions
- The course is organized on a termly basis. Existing students are given priority to join the program. We have a minimum of 4 students for each course for the program to run. Parents will be informed 2 weeks before the course starts.
- No refund of program fee once the enrolment has been accepted.
- If your child suffers from any illness that may require attention during the course, please make a note on the online application form.
- Cheque and FPS or online payment through portal with the correct amount of the course fee must be paid in FULL on or before the first class, otherwise no enrolment will be accepted.
- Receipt must be sent with Student’s Name, Class Schedule and location through email at email@example.com.
- Bank Details: Dance for Joy HK Ltd. Hang Seng Bank Savings Account 787-646082-883
- All students are required to be properly dressed for the dance class.
- All students are required to wear their Dance for Joy Dance T-Shirts in class.
- Hip-Hop, Pop and Funky students can wear tights/jogging pants in class. Jazz students need to be in black leotards/ dance shirt and short tights / leggings and jazz shoes in class.
- NO denim, jeans, dresses and skirts in class.
- A maximum of 2 make-up classes can be done for each term.
- If the student is absent on any day of the class without sick leave notice, no refund or course replacement will be given.
- Any absence or leave must be made at least 4 HOURS before class time.
- All make-up classes must be completed before the last week of the term.
- Classes will switch to interactive online lessons via zoom if the HK government restriction is imposed. Fees will not be refunded or credited if the student cannot switch to online classes.
- DFJ Team will send a notice at least 2 hours before the class for any cancellation. We will send notices through SMS or email for class replacement.
- Class cancellation due to bad weather or any uncontrollable event which is out of Dance for Joy HK’s control.
- Children, Teens, and Adult Classes will be held as usual unless a Black rainstorm or Typhoon 8 is hoisted. Toddler classes will be canceled if Typhoon 3 or higher is hoisted.
- If a class is canceled by Dance for Joy due to the absence or sickness of an instructor, a replacement lesson will be rescheduled.
- Students must remain in the same class until the end of the term.
- If a student wants to switch to another class in the middle of the term, an administration fee of 200HKD will be settled upon arrangement.
- Class change approval will be based on class availability and the studio’s discretion.
- Students are required to bring their water in class. The water bottle must be labeled with the student’s name.
- No food and snacks allowed inside the dance room.
- Parents and guardians are requested to wait outside the dance studio while class is in progress. Guardians are allowed only in the studio vicinity for pick up and drop off.
- Toddler classes – adult can accompany the student until the child is comfortable to be alone in class.
- Photos or video clips taken during class, events or shows by DFJ Team may be used for promotional purposes.
- During open day or parent watch day, you are welcome to take pictures of your child. Please consider other parents/guardians who might be uncomfortable with photography and video taking that might include other children in class.
- Please reach out to us if you do not wish to have your child/children’s photo or videos were taken in class.
I hereby acknowledge and agree to be bound by all the terms set forth herein in this Liability Waiver and Acknowledgement of Risk. I voluntarily agree to assume all risks and responsibility for any injury or accident, which might occur to me or my child during any of Dance for Joy HK Limited’s classes, rehearsals, performances, or activities. I also exempt, release, and indemnify Dance for Joy HK Limited, its owners, agents, volunteers, assistants, employees, guest artists, faculty members, and/or students from any and all liability claims, demands, or causes of action whatsoever from any damage, loss, injury, or death to me, my children, or property which may arise out of or in connection with participation in any classes or activities conducted by Dance for Joy HK Limited. I further voluntarily agree to waive my rights and that of my heirs and assigns to hold the Dance for Joy HK Limited its owners, agents, volunteers, assistants, employees, guest artists, faculty members, and/or students liable for such damage, loss, injury, or death. I understand that I should be aware of my physical limitations and agree not to exceed them. If I am acknowledging this waiver for my children, I certify that I am the parent or legal guardian and have the right to waive these rights. My acknowledgment is proof of my intention to execute a complete and unconditional waiver all liability, either on behalf of my minor child or on my own behalf, to the fullest extent of the law.
Studio Covid Policy
In view of the COVID-19 situation, special precautionary measures will be implemented in accordance with the real-time situation. All students, parents, and guardians must follow the health and safety guidelines implemented by Dance for Joy HK studio and the government of HKSAR.
DFJ HK has the right to withdraw any student who does not meet the health and safety guidelines implemented at the studio. Please review the studio policy at Class Covid Guidelines
Covid REFUND POLICY (applicable to specific events)
Class fees paid under Dance for Joy HK Limited are non-refundable under any circumstances including non-controllable events. However, in the specific events of the pandemic, government regulations, or restrictions imposed by the HKSAR Government that lead to the cancellation of the face-to-face classes, classes will switch to ZOOM interactive online classes. Special event cancellations such as Disney on Parade & Annual Recital is eligible for refunds. Any dispute connected to the refund will be resolved at the absolute discretion of Dance for Joy HK Limited.